CMCHC uses an appointment system to reduce the waiting time for our patients. Walk-in patients are offered the next available appointment time. Routine emergencies are seen immediately after appropriate triage by nursing staff.
Items to bring to your first visit:
- Photo identification
- Health insurance card(s)
- Social Security card
- Proof of income for sliding scale fee schedule
- All medications currently taking
- Foster parent or grandparent: Guardian or custody papers showing custody of child required
- Adult guardian: Power of Attorney
- Patient Intake Information Form
- Established Patient Intake Information Form
- Authorization to Verbally Disclose PHI
- Dental Patient Acknowledgement Agreement
- Payment Policy
- HIPAA Signature Page
- No Show Patient Notice
- MHSA Sports Physical Form
- Release of Information Form
The health portal is a secure online website that gives patients convenient 24-hour access to personal health information from anywhere with an Internet connection.
Using a secure username and password, patients can view health information such as their Visit Summary, Labs and Billing Statements. Patients will also be able to request, reschedule or cancel an appointment from the patient portal as well as request PHR/PHI. Use the link below to access your patient portal.
Fees & Payment
CMCHC accepts most insurance. We file Medicare, Medicaid, Workman’s Compensation and other private carriers as a service to our patients. This includes all services provided at the CMCHC. Medicare patients’ deductibles are waived on office visits and other FQHC services.
Payment at the Central Montana Community Health Center is expected at the time of service. You may pay by cash, check or credit card. Payment plans or credit may be arranged for those unable to pay their entire bill.
Depending on your family size and family income, you may qualify for REDUCED CHARGES under our sliding fee scale program. Ask our receptionist for more information.